Jobs and Wages
I am fed up that we live in a country where individuals have to hold 2-to-3 jobs to put food on the table, clothes on their backs, and a roof over their heads. I am fired up to:
● Raise the federal minimum wage to a living wage of $15/hour.
● Empower and embolden our unions to guarantee their bargaining power.
● Prepare people for a changing workforce by funding programs that help communities transition to the jobs of the future.
● Fight to end harmful tariffs that hurt small businesses, farmers, and consumers.
● Immediately institute an Emergency Universal Basic Income (UBI) to get money into the hands of families during the COVID-19 pandemic.